SPECapcTM for Solidworks™ 2019 benchmark
The SPECapc for Solidworks 2019 benchmark is performance evaluation software for vendors and users of computing systems running Solidworks 2019 CAD/CAM software on Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit platforms. It includes 10 updated and new tests exercising a full range of graphics and CPU functionality.
Graphics tests within the benchmark measure performance for both standard and enhanced graphics modes. The enhanced graphics mode is designed to take advantage of modern graphics adapters to deliver better performance. It is optional in Solidworks 2019 but is anticipated to become the default graphics mode in future versions. The new Solidworks Visualize renderer is used on select models to measure CPU ray tracing performance.
The benchmark incorporates order-independent transparency (OIT), a methodology for quickly displaying transparency, and full-scene anti-aliasing (FSAA) for higher-quality visuals. It can be run with either default anti-aliasing (edges/sketches only) or with FSAA. Individual scores are generated for each test and composite scores are computed for graphics and CPU performance. The following models are included in the benchmark:
- Audi R8 (car) -- 715 MB in memory, exercising graphics and Visualize CPU ray tracing
- Black owl (desktop computer) -- 1.15 GB in memory, exercising graphics and Visualize CPU ray tracing
- Digger (backhoe) -- 464 MB in memory, exercising graphics and Visualize CPU ray tracing
- Ferrari (car) -- 533 MB in memory, exercising graphics and Visualize CPU ray tracing
- Jet engine -- 665 MB in memory, exercising graphics and Visualize CPU ray tracing
- Menjac (motor assembly) -- 514 MB in memory, exercising graphics
- Motor -- 392 MB in memory, excercising graphics
- SpaceShipCrawler (NASA Crawler Transporter Model*) -- 2.3 GB in memory, exercising graphics
- Super car (gullwing door) -- 822 MB in memory, exercising graphics
- Tesla tower -- 495 MB in memory, exercising graphics
* Model courtesy of Jay Patterson, an industrial designer and long-time Solidworks user.
The SPECapc for Solidworks 2019 benchmark is available for immediate download. It is free for everyone but sellers of computers and related products that are not members of SPEC/GWPG; these vendors are required to pay a $2,500 vendor license.
Benchmark system requirements
- Dassault Systèmes Solidworks 2019 Service Pack 4 or greater, full license or trial version.
- Solidworks 2019 Visualize must be installed.
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows Display scaling set to 100%
- Minimum 1920 x 1080 display resolution
- Minimum 16GB of system memory
- Graphics hardware that fully supports Solidworks RealView, ambient occlusion and OIT transparency. Note: Solidworks 2019 does not support OIT transparency for all graphics hardware, and will instead use an older style transparency. Non-compliant results cannot be compared to compliant results using OIT.
SPECapc for Solidworks 2019 run rules [html] [pdf]
SPECapc for Solidworks 2019 results