SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark
The SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark is the worldwide standard for measuring graphics performance based on professional applications. The benchmark measures the 3D graphics performance of systems running under the OpenGL and Direct X application programming interfaces. The benchmark’s workloads, called viewsets, represent graphics content and behavior from actual applications.
The latest version of the SPECviewperf benchmark is the SPECviewperf 13 benchmark, released on May 23, 2018. The SPECgpc® members at the time of V13 release include AMD, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Lenovo, and NVIDIA.
The SPECviewperf 13 benchmark is a comprehensive upgrade of previous versions of the benchmark. Medical and energy viewsets incorporate new models and raycasting for volume visualization; the Maya viewset features new models based on the SPECapc® for Maya 2017 benchmark; and the Creo viewset has been updated with fresh application traces. All other viewsets have been recompiled with minor changes. Results from the SPECviewperf 13 benchmark are not comparable to those from earlier versions.
Other major updates include:
- Support for 4K resolution displays.
- New reporting methods, including JSON output that enables more robust and flexible result parsing.
- A new user interface that will be standardized across all SPEC/GWPG benchmarks.
- New workloads and scoring that reflect the range of activities found in real-world applications.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
The SPECviewperf 13 benchmark is available for immediate download. It is free for everyone but sellers of computers and related products, who are required to pay a $2,500 vendor license. A SPECviewperf 13 benchmark license covers both Windows and Linux versions; current paid license holders of the Windows version can receive the Linux Edition free of charge.
SPECviewperf 13 viewsets
Running the benchmark
SPECviewperf 13 has the following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit RS3 or later
- OpenGL 4.0
- Direct X12 support
- 8GB of installed system memory
- 80GB available disk space
- 1920x1080 screen resolution for submissions published on the SPEC website
SPECviewperf 13 memory notes
SPECgpc run rules
SPECviewperf 13 results