The SPECjbb®2015 benchmark has been developed
from the ground up to measure performance based on the latest Java application features. It is
relevant to all audiences who are interested in Java server performance, including JVM vendors,
hardware developers, Java application developers, researchers and members of the academic
November 14, 2019: The SPECjbb® 2015 benchmark V1.03 is now available.
This update fixes a rarely encountered hang and includes some documentation updates, specifically:
- Result File Field Descriptions
- Requirement to provide support link when using a community supported Java (5.4.7 JVM Notes)
- Examples of how to provide a support link for a community supported Java
- Known Issues
- Updated information about the reporter failing due to font issues
- Added information concerning the benchmark hanging.
While Java SE 13 (and earlier) results from using V1.03 remain comparable to V1.02 results, it is important
to move ahead to V1.03. As of February 13, 2020, all result submissions must be made using V1.03 and V1.02
will be retired.
Licensees of version 1.00, 1.01, and 1.02 are entitled to a complimentary V1.03 upgrade.
For a list of changes in the SPECjbb®2015 benchmark relative to the retired SPECjbb®2013 benchmark, please see the release notes.
- A usage model based on a world-wide supermarket company with an IT infrastructure that handles a mix of point-of-sale requests, online purchases and data-mining operations.
- Both a pure throughput metric and a metric that measures critical throughput under service level agreements (SLAs) specifying response times ranging from 10ms to 100ms.
- Support for multiple run configurations, enabling users to analyze and overcome bottlenecks at multiple layers of the system stack, including hardware, OS, JVM and application layers.
- Exercising new Java 7 features and other important performance elements, including the latest data formats (XML), communication using compression, and messaging with security.
- Support for virtualization and cloud environments.
- Submitted Results
- Includes all of the
results submitted to SPEC from licensees of the benchmark.
- Press Release
- Benchmark Documentation