Other Performance Web Sites
Performance Measurement Organizations:
- BAPCo: The Business Applications
- A company whose charter is "to develop a set of objective performance
benchmarks based on popular computer applications in industry standard
operating systems."; the developers of SYSmark95 for Windows and
SYSmark for Windows/NT.
- EEMBC: The Embedded Microprocessor
- The EEMBC is dedicated to "a collaborative effort in developing
a suite of performance benchmarks that will target key applications
of embedded systems", and provide an objective means for evaluating
processors and controllers.
- A SPEC-sponsored archive that contains contributed public domain
characterization and benchmarking tools. The software is free and is
supported by their authors.
- The Transaction Processing Performance Council. Another performance
consortium, their focus is on system level benchmarks for OLTP and
Decision Support systems.
International Benchmark Gateway
- Pointers to results for SPEC benchmarks, as well as results from
several other benchmarking organizations.
The Performance Database Server
- An effort by the NetLib project at the University of Tennessee at
Knoxville to collect all sorts of useful performance data into an online
database. Particularly known for information on the Linpack benchmark,
but also maintains an archive
of CPU92 results.
- The internet newsgroup for discussing performance and benchmarks.
FAQ can be useful for answering questions about other benchmarks
or benchmarking in general.
- Yahoo on: Computers
- Listings for other benchmarking related web sites as collected by
the people at Yahoo.
- Google on: Computers/Performance_and_Capacity/Benchmarks.
- Google's interface to the Open Directory.
SPEC Mirror Sites
- SPEC's Official Mirror Web Site
- Hosted by the University of Miami in South Florida, US, SPEC's web site mirror
is synchronized on a daily basis with the main SPEC web site.